Recently viewed recipes...
Receive fresh recipes, hot news, and industry updates every month!Subscribe
See why avocados are a tasty choice for a healthful diet.LEARN MORE
TURKEY-CALIFORNIA AVOCADO-PINEAPPLE BAGELWICHES
RatingNot yet rated.
0 Ratings | 0 CommentsAdd to My Recipes
Recipe Provided By the California Avocado Commission
nonfat lemon yogurt
raisins or minced dried fruit
bagels or 4 mini-bagels, sliced
low-sodium deli-sliced turkey or chicken breast
medium California Avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
slices canned juice-pack pineapple, drained
- In a small bowl stir together yogurt and raisins; set aside.
- Arrange bagel halves, cut side up, on a flat surface.
- Line bagel halves with lettuce, top with turkey slices, folded.
- Arrange avocado slices over turkey.
- Spoon yogurt mixture over avocado.
- Top each sandwich with a slice of pineapple and remaining bagel half.
- Cut sandwiches in half crosswise.
- Serve immediately, or wrap tightly in sandwich wrap for brown bag lunches.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Note: To preserve the color of the avocado, sprinkle slices slightly with lemon juice first.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados.
Rate this Recipe
Login or Register to rate this recipe.