Recently viewed recipes...
More recipes like this...
See all the recipes in these popular categories!
- Guacamole & Dips
- Salads & Dressings
- Quick and Easy
- Sandwiches, Burgers & Wraps
- Gluten Free
- Dietitian Approved
CALIFORNIA AVOCADO CHIFFON PIE
envelope Knox (unflavored gelatin)
avocado, peeled, pitted, and mashed
9-inch graham cracker crust
- In medium saucepan, mix Knox with 4 tablespoons sugar, blend in egg yolks beaten with milk.
- Let stand 1 minute. Stir over low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- With whip or rotary, blend in avocado and lemon juice.
- Pour into large bowl and chill, stirring occasionally, until mixture mounds slightly when dropped from a spoon.
- In medium bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form; gradually add remaining sugar and beat till stiff.
- Fold into gelatin mixture.
- Turn into prepared crust.
- Chill until firm.
- Brush generously with additional lemon juice.
- Garnish with whipped cream (optional)
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
"Consumer Submitted" recipes are provided as a way for our site users to share recipes with one another. The California Avocado Commission reserves the right to edit recipes but does not test these recipes for quality or taste and is not responsible for the performance of any submitted recipe.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados.
Rate this Recipe
Login or Register to rate this recipe.