Sizzling Chicken Salad with California Avocado Cilantro Dressing
|2 1/4 cups
||olive or avocado oil
||white wine vinegar
||fresh lime juice
||dried oregano leaves
||ground red pepper
||(8 oz.) whole boneless chicken breasts, split in half
||California Avocados, seeded and peeled
|1 1/2 gal.
||mixed salad greens, torn into bite size pieces
Remember to check the label when you shop.
California Avocados are NOW in season! Learn More
- Blend together oil, mustard, vinegar, lime juice, cilantro, oregano and pepper.
- Combine 1-1/2 cups mustard mixture and chicken.
- Marinate in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- In blender or food processor, blend avocados with remaining mustard mixture and sugar until smooth. Cover and chill until serving time.
- Remove chicken from marinade. Grill 6 inches from heat source, over medium-high heat, brushing with marinade often until chicken is done. Keep warm.
- To serve, arrange about 2 cups salad greens on individual salad plates.
- Slice 1 chicken breast half and arrange on greens.
- Top with 2 ounces avocado dressing.
- Garnish if desired and serve immediately.