Recently viewed recipes...
See all the recipes in these popular categories!
- Guacamole & Dips
- Salads & Dressings
- Quick and Easy
- Sandwiches, Burgers & Wraps
- Gluten Free
- Dietitian Approved
SIZZLING CHICKEN SALAD WITH CALIFORNIA AVOCADO CILANTRO DRESSING
olive or avocado oil
white wine vinegar
fresh lime juice
dried oregano leaves
ground red pepper
(8 oz.) whole boneless chicken breasts, split in half
California Avocados, seeded and peeled
mixed salad greens, torn into bite size pieces
- Blend together oil, mustard, vinegar, lime juice, cilantro, oregano and pepper.
- Combine 1-1/2 cups mustard mixture and chicken.
- Marinate in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- In blender or food processor, blend avocados with remaining mustard mixture and sugar until smooth. Cover and chill until serving time.
- Remove chicken from marinade. Grill 6 inches from heat source, over medium-high heat, brushing with marinade often until chicken is done. Keep warm.
- To serve, arrange about 2 cups salad greens on individual salad plates.
- Slice 1 chicken breast half and arrange on greens.
- Top with 2 ounces avocado dressing.
- Garnish if desired and serve immediately.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados.
Rate this Recipe
Login or Register to rate this recipe.