- Place avocados in the bowl of a food processor with the yogurt, agave, lime zest and vanilla extract; pulse until well combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Set aside.
- Place the coconut milk in a small saucepan and bring to low boil. Set aside. Place the lime juice in a large bowl. Sprinkle the gelatin over the juice and let stand 1 minute. Gently whisk in the hot coconut milk. Continue to whisk until the gelatin completely dissolves, about 5 minutes. Stir in the avocado mixture until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pie crust. Carefully transfer to the refrigerator and chill, uncovered, until firm, about 3 hours. Garnish with optional toppings. (Store leftovers in the refrigerator, and cover with plastic wrap.)
Graham Cracker Almond Crust
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the almonds in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until coarsely ground. Add the graham crackers, sugar and salt and pulse until finely ground. Add the butter and egg white and pulse until evenly moistened and combined.
- Press the crumb mixture firmly on the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until fragrant and golden. Cool completely before filling.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Copyright © 2012, Liz Weiss, MS, RD and Janice Newell Bissex, MS, RD: www.MealMakeoverMoms.com
Nutrition Information per Serving
Calories 220; Total Fat 11 g (Sat 2.5 g, Trans 0 g, Poly 1.5 g, Mono 6 g); Cholesterol less than 5 mg; Sodium 100 mg; Potassium 340 mg; Total Carbohydrates 27 g; Dietary Fiber 2 g; Total Sugars 19 g; Protein 6 g; Vitamin A 43 IU; Vitamin C 14 mg; Calcium 34 mg; Iron 0.9 mg; Vitamin D 0.9 IU; Folate 35 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0 g
% Daily Value*: Total Fat 17%; Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 25%; Calcium 4%; Iron 4%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
No one has commented on this recipe yet.
To share your comments or rate recipes, please sign in to your profile on CaliforniaAvocado.com
View on Classic Site