- Wrap tortillas in foil; warm in a 400 degree F oven.
- While the tortillas heat, sauté bell pepper and onion in butter until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile beat together eggs and salt.
- When vegetables are done, pour egg into pan; gently stir in avocado.
- Cook, over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until soft curds form, about 3 minutes.
- Put 1/4 of the egg mixture down the center of one warmed tortilla; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheese.
- Fold in top and bottom of each tortilla.
- Roll up from side.
- Repeat with each tortilla.
- Garnish each burrito with a dollop of sour cream and a spoonful of salsa.
Serving Suggestions: Add more fruits to your diet by serving with a fresh fruit salad or sliced tomatoes.
Beverage Pairings: Try with fresh-squeezed orange juice.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Nutrition Information per Serving
Calories 520; Total Fat 33 g (Sat 13 g, Trans 0 g, Poly 3.5 g, Mono 13 g); Cholesterol 410 mg; Sodium 940 mg; Potassium 440 mg; Total Carbohydrates 36 g; Dietary Fiber 2 g; Total Sugars 3 g; Protein 23 g; Vitamin A 1605 (IU); Vitamin C 42 mg; Calcium 285 mg; Iron 3.6 mg; Vitamin D 92 (IU); Folate 86 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.2 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 30%; Vitamin C 70%; Calcium 30%; Iron 20%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
I'm always looking for new recipes for breakfasts. I will be making these!!
Submitted By: Nancy - Mar 29, 2013
This is a really easy recipe to prepare and a healthy breakfast, very tasty and the kids love it too!
Submitted By: nancy - Sep 7, 2012
To share your comments or rate recipes, please sign in to your profile on CaliforniaAvocado.com
View on Classic Site