- ⅓ cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. honey or agave nectar
- ½ tsp. dry mustard
- ¼ tsp. orange zest
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 (1-lb.) bag coleslaw mix
- ½ small red onion, very thinly sliced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro leaves, optional
- 2 ripe, Fresh California Avocados
- ½ cup diced apple, pineapple or other fruit
- In a large bowl make the dressing by whisking together the vinegar, honey, mustard, orange zest and salt until the seasonings are dissolved. Whisk in. sesame oil.
- Add coleslaw mix, onion and cilantro (if desired) to the dressing. Toss well to combine. Refrigerate to let the flavors blend (may be refrigerated for up to 24 hours.)
- Just before serving, peel, seed and dice the avocado. Add the avocado and apple (or pineapple) to the coleslaw. Use a slotted spoon to serve.
Serving Suggestions: Stir in coarsely chopped peanuts or cashews for a nutty variation.
Beverage Pairings: Try with tropical iced tea.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Nutrition Information per Serving
Calories 140; Total Fat 8 g (Sat 1 g, Trans 0 g, Poly 1 g, Mono 4 g); Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 180 mg; Potassium 350 mg; Total Carbohydrates 16 g; Dietary Fiber 5 g; Total Sugars 9 g; Protein 2 g; Vitamin A 64 (IU); Vitamin C 33 mg; Calcium 36 mg; Iron 1 mg; Vitamin D 0 (IU); Folate 39 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.1 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 50%; Calcium 4%; Iron 4%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
No one has commented on this recipe yet.
To share your comments or rate recipes, please sign in to your profile on CaliforniaAvocado.com
View on Classic Site