- 8 turkey hot dogs
- 8 whole grain hot dog buns
- Zesty California Guacamole (see recipe below)
Zesty California Guacamole Ingredients
- 1 Fresno chile (or red jalapeño)
- 4 ripe, Fresh California Avocados, quartered, seeded and peeled
- ½ cup minced red onion
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. red chile flakes
- ½ tsp. salt, or to taste
- Place hot dogs on a preheated grill, about 4 inches from a medium flame. Cook for about 6 to 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- When hot dogs are about one minute away from being done, open buns and place on the grill to warm them.
- Place cooked hot dogs in buns and top with Zesty California Guacamole.
Zesty California Guacamole Instructions
- Remove stem from chile and discard. Mince chile and place in a medium bowl. (For a milder guacamole discard the seeds, or keep them for a spicier guacamole.)
- Add remaining ingredients to the bowl and mash together, leaving some chunks of avocado. Season to taste and serve.
Serving Suggestions: Top with caramelized onions, diced tomatoes, diced chiles or other favorite hot dog toppers.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Nutrition Information per Serving
Calories 410; Total Fat 28 g (Sat 6 g, Trans 0 g, Poly 3 g, Mono 9 g); Cholesterol 50 mg; Sodium 850 mg; Potassium 560 mg; Total Carbohydrates 30 g; Dietary Fiber 9 g; Total Sugars 4 g; Protein 12 g; Vitamin A 166 (IU); Vitamin C 9 mg; Calcium 138 mg; Iron 3 mg; Vitamin D 0 (IU); Folate 91 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.2 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 15%; Iron 15%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
No one has commented on this recipe yet.
To share your comments or rate recipes, please sign in to your profile on CaliforniaAvocado.com
View on Classic Site