- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp. Sriracha
- 6 baby bok choy bunches, cleaned and sliced in half lengthwise (make sure you get the baby bok choy as the bigger stuff is much tougher)
- 2 Tbsp. red onion, finely chopped
- 2 ripe, Fresh California Avocados, seeded, peeled and diced
- ½ cup cashews
- 2 Tbsp. sesame seeds, white or black - (I used a combination - you can find black sesame seeds at any Asian grocer.)
- 1 tsp. butter
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Combine the cashews and sesame seeds in a small baking pan. Add butter and sea salt and roast for 15-20 minutes, stirring every 4 minutes until deep golden brown. Place several thicknesses of paper towel on a flat surface and spread out nuts to cool
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a jar with a tight fitting lid. Close the lid, and shake until well mixed and sugar is dissolved.
- Arrange bok choy decoratively on plates. Scatter with the diced avocado and minced red onion. Drizzle with dressing and finish off with a shower of cashew/sesame mixture.
Author's note: Serves 4 as a side salad.
Nutrition Information per Serving
There is no nutrition information available for this recipe.
No one has commented on this recipe yet.
To share your comments or rate recipes, please sign in to your profile on CaliforniaAvocado.com
View on Classic Site