- 6 baby beets, roasted
- 1 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, peeled and seeded
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup fresh wild baby arugula
- Slice beets about 1/4 inch thick, set aside.
- Slice avocados to about the same thickness.
- Drizzle 1/4 of the lemon juice on avocado, set aside.
- Add the olive oil, remaining lemon juice, salt and pepper to a bowl and whisk to make the vinaigrette
- Toss the arugula with the vinaigrette.
- Arrange avocado and beet slices on top of arugula.
- Alternate beet, avocado, beet, avocado.
- Drizzle the leftover oil-acid mixture over the salads.
- Fresh ground black pepper is a nice salad topper.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Copyright © 2011, Adrian Halmagean
Nutrition Information per Serving
There is no nutrition information available for this recipe.
No one has commented on this recipe yet.
To share your comments or rate recipes, please sign in to your profile on CaliforniaAvocado.com
View on Classic Site