- 2 heads of frisée, trimmed and washed
- 1 large navel orange, cut into segments
- ½ small jicama, peeled and diced
- 2 Fresh California Avocados*
- 4 oz. Candied Smoked Pistachios (recipe follows)
- Creamy Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette (recipe follows)
Candied Smoked Pistachios (Yield: 5 oz./1cup)
- 5 oz. raw pistachios
- 1 Tbsp. light corn syrup
- 1 ½ Tbsp. demerera or turbinado sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. smoked sea salt
Creamy Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette (Yield: 1 1/4 cup)
- 2 Tbsp. champagne vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Meyer lemon juice
- 2 ¼ tsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. shallot, finely chopped
- 2 ¼ tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 egg yolk
- 8 oz. olive oil/vegetable oil blend
- 2 Tbsp. Meyer lemon zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
Candied Smoked Pistachios:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a sheet pan with a silpat or parchment. Spread pistachios in single layer on pan and toast for 7 minutes. Let cool, then add corn syrup. Mix to coat evenly and spread in a single layer. Add demerera sugar and smoked salt to coat evenly. Bake for an additional 7-10 minutes. Let cool before using.
Creamy Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette:
- Add all ingredients except oil and 1 tablespoon of the Meyer lemon zest to a food processor. Process, then slowly add the oil. Strain through a sieve. Whisk in the remaining zest, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss frisée, orange segments and jicama with enough vinaigrette to evenly coat. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cut each avocado in half and peel. Thinly slice each half leaving one end intact. Fan slices. Pile and arrange ¼ of salad on each plate. Sprinkle each salad with 1 oz. of candied pistachios, then add a fanned avocado half. Season avocado with sea salt if desired. Serve.
*A large Fresh California Avocado weighs about 8 oz.
Nutrition Information per Serving
There is no nutrition information available for this recipe.
No one has commented on this recipe yet.
To share your comments or rate recipes, please sign in to your profile on CaliforniaAvocado.com
View on Classic Site