- 20 oz. red potatoes, 1/2" dice
- 2 oz. red onion, chopped
- 2 ½ oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 3 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 oz. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 tsp. rosemary, chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 Fresh California Avocado
- 3 oz. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream
- fresh salsa for serving
- Place diced potatoes in a heavy pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Parboil the potatoes for about 6-7 minutes (potatoes should still be crisp).
- Meanwhile, peel and pit avocado and cut in half. Dice half the avocado and slice the other half.
- Heat the olive oil and butter over high heat in a large skillet. Add the potatoes. Add the rosemary and salt. When the potatoes start to brown, add the onions. Cook for 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms, continuing to cook on high until onions and mushrooms are done.
- Turn heat down to low and stir in the diced avocado. Sprinkle the mixture with the cheese and let melt.
- Divide potato mixture onto two plates. Divide avocado slices and place on top of each, then sprinkle each with ¼ cup of the cherry tomato halves. Top each with 1 tablespoon of sour cream. Serve immediately with salsa on the side.
Nutrition Information per Serving
There is no nutrition information available for this recipe.
I've seen variations of this recipe before as "Potatoes Et. Al"
Whatever the case, they are super tasty and easy to make.
Works for good for cooking for a crowd.
Submitted By: Thomas - Jun 24, 2011
To share your comments or rate recipes, please sign in to your profile on CaliforniaAvocado.com
View on Classic Site