- 3 lbs. romaine, shredded
- California Thai Noodle Salad (recipe follows)
- 1 lb. 8 oz. Fresh California Avocado*, diced
- 8 Tbsp. peanuts, chopped
- 6 Tbsp. cilantro, fresh sprigs
- 3 limes, cut into 8 wedges each
- Thai Dressing (recipe follows) (or bottled)
California Thai Noodle Salad (Yield: 24 - 8 oz. portions)
- 2 lbs. 4 oz. vermicelli pasta
- 1 lb. 2 oz. green cabbage, shredded
- 1 lb. 2 oz. carrots, matchstick cut
- 1 lb. 2 oz. red peppers, julienned
- 1 lb. 8 oz. cucumber, peeled, seeded, sliced into half-moon shapes
- 4 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- 4 Tbsp. mint, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 48 oz. Asian-style peanut sauce/dressing
Thai Dressing (Yield: 24 - 2 oz. portions)
- 8 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 ½ cups rice wine vinegar
- 8 Tbsp. sugar
- 8 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 3 Tbsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 Tbsp. mint, chopped
- 8 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
(approx. 12-ounce) portions
California Thai Noodle Salad:
- Cook noodles according to manufacturer’s directions. Cool quickly to 40°F for use within 48 hours.
- In a bowl, combine cooked noodles, cabbage, carrot, pepper, cucumber, Asian peanut dressing, cilantro, mint and lime juice. Toss well to coat.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well to emulsify.
- Top 2 oz. shredded romaine with 8 oz. noodle salad and 1 oz. Fresh California Avocado. Garnish with 1 tsp. chopped peanuts, a cilantro spring and a lime wedge.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Nutrition Information per Serving
There is no nutrition information available for this recipe.
No one has commented on this recipe yet.
To share your comments or rate recipes, please sign in to your profile on CaliforniaAvocado.com
View on Classic Site