- 2 beef ribeye thick-cut filets, cut 1-3/4 to 2 inches thick (about 1 pound)
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ancho chile powder
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 pkg. (1 pound) coleslaw mix (about 6 cups)
- 1 cup diced fresh or jarred mango
- 1 medium ripe, Fresh California Avocado, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp. ancho chile powder
- ½ tsp. coarse grind black pepper
- ¼ tsp. teaspoon ground red pepper
- To prepare Slaw, combine lime juice, salt and chile powder in small bowl; gradually whisk in oil until blended. Set aside. Combine remaining slaw ingredients in large bowl. Add dressing; toss gently to coat. Let stand while preparing beef or refrigerate, covered, up to 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine Rub ingredients; press evenly onto beef filets. Heat heavy, ovenproof, nonstick, skillet over medium heat until hot. Place filets in skillet and brown 2 minutes; turn filets over and place skillet into preheated oven.
- Cook in 350°F oven 20 to 24 minutes for medium rare; 25 to 28 minutes for medium doneness. Remove from oven when internal temperature reaches 135°F for medium rare; 150°F for medium. Transfer filets to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium.)
- Carve filets into slices; serve with slaw.
Cook's Tip: If oven-safe skillet is not available, transfer browned filets to rimmed baking sheet. Cook 3 to 5 minutes longer for medium rare to medium doneness. Proceed as directed.
Recipes and photo courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Nutrition Information per Serving
There is no nutrition information available for this recipe.
No one has commented on this recipe yet.
To share your comments or rate recipes, please sign in to your profile on CaliforniaAvocado.com
View on Classic Site