- 4 ripe, Fresh California Avocados, seeded, peeled and diced
- ½ medium sweet onion, minced
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce**, finely minced
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. reserved pineapple juice
- 1 medium ripe mango, seeded, peeled and diced
- ½ cup crushed pineapple, drained, juice reserved
- Place diced avocado in a medium bowl and coarsely mash.
- Add onion to avocado along with chipotle peppers, salt, cilantro and pineapple juice.
- Gently mix in mango and pineapple. Serve immediately.
Serving Suggestions: Serve with tortilla chips or try as a topping on grilled fish.
* Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
** Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce can usually be found in the salsa section of your food store. A 7-oz. can will have more than enough peppers for this recipe.
Nutrition Information per Serving
There is no nutrition information available for this recipe.
Amazing twist to your 'average' guacamole!
I've made this recipe twice now and let me say this, practice makes perfect... We'll maybe practice and the availability of the perfect mango... The first time I tested the waters with an over ripe Mango, and while the flavors were still there, trial #2 blew the crowd out of the water. The textures of all the ingredients mesh incredibly well and the finished product has the most amazing blend of sweet and smokey flavor. I would note two things, the chipotle peppers in adobo sauce vary in size, while the recipe calls for 2 peppers, use your better judgment, if they are small, 2 should suffice, otherwise one large pepper is more then enough. My other recommendation is to use a mango that is slightly under ripe, not to a point where it is rock hard and won't be sweet, but where it has a little 'give' when you press your thumb to it and has a slight aroma. The reason for this is that while the flavor of a mango is delicious, the more ripe it gets, the more juicy it gets. What I liked most about this guacamole was the diced mango that stayed in tact, offering a contrast in texture. Other then that I would recommend this to anyone and it is sure to be a hit wherever you take it!
Submitted By: Michael - Oct 17, 2011
One word : Delicious
Submitted By: Alexandra - Sep 24, 2010
To share your comments or rate recipes, please sign in to your profile on CaliforniaAvocado.com
View on Classic Site