- 24 Baguette Croutons (recipe follows)
- 2 ½ each Fresh California Avocados*
- ½ tsp. lemon juice, fresh
- 4 slices crisp cooked bacon, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup micro sprouts or micro greens
- Roasted Cherry Tomatoes (recipe follows)
- ¼ cup basil pesto, thin consistency
Baguette Croutons (Yield: 24 each)
- 24 thin slices of 2" diameter baguette
- melted butter, as needed
Roasted Cherry Tomatoes (Yield: 1 batch)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
Lemon Aioli (Yield: 1/2 cup)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. lemon juice, fresh
- Brush one side of the baguette slices with melted butter.
- Bake at 375 degrees F until lightly toasted, about 15 minutes. Cool.
Roasted Cherry Tomatoes:
- Slice tomatoes in half and toss with olive oil.
- Roast at 400 degrees F until lightly browned, about 15 – 20 minutes. Cool.
- Mix together mayonnaise and fresh lemon juice.
Bacon California Avocado and Tomato Club:
- Coarsely mash the avocado and mix it with the fresh lemon juice.
- Top each crouton with 1 Tbsp. of the mashed avocado mixture.
- Top with 2 thin strips of bacon, micro sprouts, lemon aioli and roasted cherry tomatoes.
- Drizzle with pesto. Serve immediately.
- Servings of 2 each
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Nutrition Information per Serving
There is no nutrition information available for this recipe.
No one has commented on this recipe yet.
To share your comments or rate recipes, please sign in to your profile on CaliforniaAvocado.com
View on Classic Site