- 4 oz. crab meat
- 2 oz. crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green onion, diced
- ¼ cup Crème Fraiche
- 1 tsp. cooking sherry, or more to taste
- Salt and white pepper, to taste
- 2 heads red or green Belgian endive, cleaned and separated into leaves
- 1 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, seeded, peeled and diced
- Carefully inspect the crab meat to remove any cartilage; squeeze out any excess moisture.
- Combine the crab, mushrooms, green onion, crème fraiche, sherry and seasonings.
- Place four Belgian endive leaves on each salad plate. Fill with crab mixture and top each with diced avocado.
Garnish with an orange or lemon wedge. May also be served with Belgian endive leaves placed on a bed of mixed greens.
Try with a glass of Chablis wine.
Crimini mushrooms are sometimes called Italian mushrooms. Substitute Baby Bellas or Button mushrooms if preferred.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Nutrition Information per Serving
Calories 170; Total Fat 9 g (Sat 2 g, Trans 0 g, Poly 1.1 g, Mono 4.8 g); Cholesterol 25 mg; Sodium 180 mg; Potassium 1119 mg; Total Carbohydrates 14 g; Dietary Fiber 11 g; Total Sugars 1 g; Protein 11 g; Vitamin A 5712 IU; Vitamin C 21 mg; Calcium 180 mg; Iron 3 mg; Vitamin D 0 IU; Folate 408 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.1 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 110%; Vitamin C 35%; Calcium 20%; Iron 15% *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
People who eat more generous amounts
of fruits and vegetables as part of a
healthy diet are likely to have reduced risk of chronic diseases, including stroke, type 2 diabetes, some types of cancer, and perhaps heart disease and high blood pressure.
This recipe meets the following Produce for Better Health Foundation (PBH) Fruits & Veggies–More Matters® program criteria. Per Serving, each serving must contain at least one serving of fruit or vegetables per 250 calories; added sugars cannot exceed 15% of total calories; total fat is ≤ 35% of total calories, saturated fat is <10% of calories, trans fat is <0.5g per serving; contain ≤ 600 mg of sodium; and offer ≥ 0.014g/kcal naturally occurring fiber (28g of fiber/2000 calories).
No one has commented on this recipe yet.
To share your comments or rate recipes, please sign in to your profile on CaliforniaAvocado.com
View on Classic Site