- 1 lobster tail
- 3 mint stems, leaves only
- 3 cilantro stems, leaves only
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 limes
- 1 fennel bulb
- 4 celery stalks
- 2 California Avocados
- 3 small navel oranges
- salt & pepper as needed
- micro cilantro for garnish
- Bring water in a medium saucepan to a boil. Cook the lobster tails for 4 1/2 minutes, then immediately shock in a bowl of ice water.
- For the vinaigrette, finely chop the mint and cilantro separately. Blend two tablespoons of the cilantro with the olive oil. Juice the two lines into a small bowl, and mix in the cilantro oil and the remaining chopped cilantro and mint. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small saucepan, boil water. Dice the fennel and celery and blanch for five seconds. Shock in a bowl of ice water.
- Dice the avocado into 1/4” cubes. Add the celery and fennel, along with a little of the vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut the peel off the oranges so there is no white pith remaining. With a sharp knife, cut out the orange segments by removing the fruit from flesh. Cut each section in half.
- Warm up the lobster gently in a small saucepan.
- Place a 3”-4” diameter ring on top of a plate. Place a layer of lobster within the ring and top with the avocado mix. Carefully remove the ring and top with the orange sections. Garnish with micro cilantro.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Nutrition Information per Serving
There is no nutrition information available for this recipe.
No one has commented on this recipe yet.
To share your comments or rate recipes, please sign in to your profile on CaliforniaAvocado.com
View on Classic Site