- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- Oil, for frying
- 2 oz. Guajillo chile sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp. sour cream
- 4 Tbsp. crumbled feta cheese
- 2 ripe, Fresh California Avocados, seeded, peeled and sliced
- Cut tortillas into strips.
- Fry tortilla strips in hot oil (about 300°F).
- While tortilla strips are browning, in a separate pan, heat Guajillo chile sauce for 1 minute over moderate heat.
- Strain the tortilla strips of extra oil.
- In a bowl, mix the tortilla strips with Guajillo chile sauce until all strips are evenly covered. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with sour cream, Feta cheese and sliced, Fresh California Avocado.
Top with softly scrambled eggs for Chilaquiles con Huevos.
Serve with hot coffee or fresh juice.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Guajillo chile sauce is available in the Mexican sauce section in many supermarkets. It is available online also, or you can make your own.
Keyword Search (Separate by commas): avocado, breakfast, Mexican, chili, chile, Chilaquiles, tortillas, Guajillo, chile sauce, Feta cheese
Nutrition Information per Serving
Nutrition Information Per Serving: Calories 300; Total Fat 17 g (Sat 4 g, Trans 0 g, Poly 2 g, Mono 9 g); Cholesterol 10 mg; Sodium 590 mg; Potassium 542 mg; Total Carbohydrates 35 g; Dietary Fiber 9 g; Total Sugars 4 g; Protein 6 g; Vitamin A 578 IU; Vitamin C 9 mg; Calcium 102 mg; Iron 1 mg; Vitamin D 0 IU; Folate 83 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.2 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 10%; Iron 6%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
No one has commented on this recipe yet.
To share your comments or rate recipes, please sign in to your profile on CaliforniaAvocado.com
View on Classic Site