- 10 oz. cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup corn, kernel, thawed
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp. red bell peppers, diced
- 1 Tbsp. green bell peppers, diced
- 1 Tbsp. jalapeño pepper, minced
- 2 ripe, Fresh California Avocados, diced
- ½ cup California Avocado Ranch Dressing (see recipe below)
- 1 ½ tsp. cumin seed
California Avocado Ranch Dressing
(Yield 1/2 cup)
- 3 Tbsp. finely mashed Fresh California Avocado
- 5 Tbsp. ranch dressing
- Combine together: cabbage, black beans, corn, red onion, red and green bell peppers, jalapeño, and cumin seed.
- Dice avocado as needed. Add avocado and dressing to above. Stir to distribute and serve on line.
- Whisk together the finely mashed avocado and ranch dressing.
- Label, date and refrigerate.
Note: A large avocado, sometimes called a 40 count or a 48 count avocado averages about 8 oz. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Nutrition Information per Serving
There is no nutrition information available for this recipe.
The only two things I altered on this recipe was 1/2 t of fresh lemon juice and substituting a Serrano chile pepper for the Jalapeno. The lemon juice really brightens up the flavor a lot and the Serrano adds more punch.
Submitted By: Curt - May 25, 2010
To share your comments or rate recipes, please sign in to your profile on CaliforniaAvocado.com
View on Classic Site