- 1 Pineapple, unpeeled, sliced
- Vegetable oil - as needed
- 3 large ripe Fresh California Avocados, cut into chunks
- ½ cup Chopped red onion
- ¼ cup Chopped cilantro
- 1 Jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Fresh lime juice
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Rum
- 1 tsp. Grated lime zest
- Salt and freshly ground pepper - to taste
- 8 Caribbean Fish Sandwiches
- Brush pineapple slices lightly with oil and place on medium-hot grill or in grill pan. Grill 3 to 5 minutes per side or until lightly browned with grill marks.
- Peel pineapple and cut into small pieces. Combine pineapple and remaining ingredients for salsa; toss to combine. Reserve.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Nutrition Information per Serving
A large avocado, sometimes called a 40 count or 48 count avocado, averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
No one has commented on this recipe yet.
To share your comments or rate recipes, please sign in to your profile on CaliforniaAvocado.com
View on Classic Site