- 12 eggs
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 4 tsp. prepared mustard
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ½ medium onion, finely diced
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 1 ripe, Fresh California Avocado
- Hard boil and cool eggs. Remove shells, slice in half and remove yolk. Set aside white to be filled.
- Sauté onions and celery until tender. Place sautéed onions and celery into food processor (or blender) and puree. Add yolks, mayo, mustard, salt, pepper and avocado and blend well.
- Fill egg whites and sprinkle with paprika (if desired).
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Nutrition Information per Serving
There is no nutrition information available for this recipe.
This is one of the best deviled egg recipes I have ever tried. I tweeked it a little by putting the finely diced celery/onions in without sauteeing. I also blended the avocado with a little lemon juice before adding to the egg mixture. I used sour creme instead of yogurt. Just wonderful!
Submitted By: JUDY - May 13, 2011
To share your comments or rate recipes, please sign in to your profile on CaliforniaAvocado.com
View on Classic Site