- ½ cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 2 ripe, Fresh California Avocados
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup small cherry tomatoes (cut in halves or quarters, if large)
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onion
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ tsp. chopped, fresh thyme leaves or 1/2 of that amount of dried thyme
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ⅛ tsp. cayenne pepper
- Set aside a small amount of the diced red peppers for garnish.
- Coarsely mash (DO NOT PUREE) avocados; stir in lemon juice.
- Fold in remaining ingredients.
- Top with reserved tomatoes and serve.
Place in a bowl in the center of a serving plate and surround with celery stalks and cooked shrimp for dipping.
For a taste of traditional New Orleans, serve with Ramos Gin Fizz cocktails.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Guacamole is best made as close to serving as possible. For short-term storage, seal in an airtight container with a piece of plastic wrap directly against the surface of the guacamole.
Nutrition Information per Serving
Nutrition Information Per Serving: Calories 160; Total Fat 13 g (Sat 2 g, Trans 0 g, Poly 2 g, Mono 8 g); Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 300 mg; Potassium 532 mg; Total Carbohydrates 11 g; Dietary Fiber 7 g; Total Sugars 2 g; Protein 2 g; Vitamin A 405 IU; Vitamin C 31 mg; Calcium 21 mg; Iron 1 mg; Vitamin D 0 IU; Folate 83 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.1 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 50%; Calcium 8%; Iron 6%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Cajun Guac ...
Sounds wonderful. I always keep my avocados slightly chunky and add finely chopped tomato, but have never added bell pepper or thyme. Will do that next time. Thanks. Will put your site on my blog on the 13th.
Submitted By: Susan - Feb 10, 2012
Submitted By: thomas - Jul 2, 2011
great recipie! i added a touch of hot sauce for more heat but great just the way it is
Submitted By: karen - Jun 17, 2010
To share your comments or rate recipes, please sign in to your profile on CaliforniaAvocado.com
View on Classic Site