- 1 California Avocado, seeded, peeled and cubed
- 1 green onion, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 12 cilantro leaves
- several dashes of white pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) reduced sodium chicken broth (no fat); chilled
- In a blender jar, combine avocado, green onion, lemon juice, cilantro and white pepper.
- Add 1 cup of the broth; cover and blend until smooth. Add remaining broth and blend 1 minute longer.
- Chill 30 to 60 minutes. Blend briefly before serving.
- Garnish each serving with 1 or 2 thin slices of avocado and sprig of cilantro, if desired.
- Serving Suggestions:
- Can be served in hollowed-out avocado half-shells.
- Scoop avocado from shells with spoon instead of peeling and cubing avocado. Use remaining avocado in Guacamole or tossed Salads.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Nutrition Information per Serving
There is no nutrition information available for this recipe.
No one has commented on this recipe yet.
To share your comments or rate recipes, please sign in to your profile on CaliforniaAvocado.com
View on Classic Site