- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tsp. oil
- 6 cups well-seasoned chicken or pork stock
- ½ tsp. cumin
- 1 28-oz. can yellow or white hominy
- 1 8-oz can chopped green chiles
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 California avocado, diced
- 3 oz. jack cheese, shredded
- Saute onion in oil in large saucepan until transparent.
- Add stock, cumin, hominy, and chiles and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Season to taste.
- Add avocado and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls, top with cheese, and serve.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Nutrition Information per Serving
This can be made very low fat by skipping the saute step for the onions and omitting the cheese.
No one has commented on this recipe yet.
To share your comments or rate recipes, please sign in to your profile on CaliforniaAvocado.com
View on Classic Site