- 2 ripe, Fresh California Avocados, halved and seeded
- 1 tsp. minced serrano chile, seeded
- ½ medium tomato, diced
- 1 ½ Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 ½ Tbsp. diced red onion
- ½ fresh lime
- ½ tsp. oregano, crushed
- Salt to taste
- White pepper, to taste
- Scoop the avocado out of the skin into a medium sized mixing bowl. With a fork, coarsely mash (DO NOT PUREE).
- Add all other ingredients except the lime.
- Lightly blend; authentic guacamole is chunky, not pureed.
- Squeeze in lime juice, mix gently and add oregano, salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with warm tortilla chips.
Perfect with a selection of Mexican beer.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Nutrition Information per Serving
Calories 130; Total Fat 11 g (Sat 1.5 g, Trans 0 g, Poly 1.5 g, Mono 8 g); Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 120 mg; Potassium 390 mg; Total Carbohydrates 8 g; Dietary Fiber 3 g; Total Sugars <1 g; Protein 3 g; Vitamin A 150 (IU); Vitamin C 8.5 mg; Calcium 3.4 mg; Iron 0.9 mg; Vitamin D 0 (IU); Folate 71 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.09 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 0%; Iron 6%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
No one has commented on this recipe yet.
To share your comments or rate recipes, please sign in to your profile on CaliforniaAvocado.com
View on Classic Site