- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 4 oz. diced green chiles
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 green onion, sliced
- ¼ tsp. hot pepper sauce
- 10 oz. tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 California avocado
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- ½ cup sour cream
- Jalapeno pepper slices, optional
- Combine tomato sauce, chiles, green pepper, green onion and hot pepper sauce in bowl.
- Let stand 15 minutes.
- Place tortilla chips in shallow 8 x 10 inch baking dish.
- Pour sauce over chips
- Sprinkle grated cheese over all.
- Broil nachos 3 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Just before serving, seed, peel and mash avocado.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Spoon avocado mixture and sour cream on hot nachos and top with jalapeno slices.
- Serve immediately.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Nutrition Information per Serving
There is no nutrition information available for this recipe.
No one has commented on this recipe yet.
To share your comments or rate recipes, please sign in to your profile on CaliforniaAvocado.com
View on Classic Site